VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's that time of year, time for winter tires. All 4 of mine are pretty low right now. I don't know if I'll have the money for 4 winter tires, and 4 performance tires come spring time, so here's my thought: Get 2 winter tires for the front, keep the old ones ont he back, and if they get TOO low, put the other 2 old ones on the back. Will it be too dangerous with 2 bad tires even though I have 2 new winter ones on the front?

What would you guys reccomend for winter tires?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
With front wheel drive, it's obviously better to have the snow tires on the drive wheels, all four if possible. I guess you could do just the front though, I wouldn't think of switching them midway through the season though, that could be dangerous. Don't know if you tought about it, but there are places that sell used tires. There not total crap, there mostly 1/2 used, or less. You might be able to get four half decent tire for a good price, and as long as you take it easy, they will last the season. Just a thought.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
ya im also lookin into getten some new tread for my 14" winter wheels here in the next month or so. its not fun getten caught in a unexpected snow storm when ya still have ur 17's with summer tires on... not like im speaking from experience or anything...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts