VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I am doing several upgrades to my GTI 1.8T while it is parked for winter and wanted to get a couple suggestions on what parts to use for a couple things.

Here is a list of what I am going to be doing

Shocks and struts: KYB GR2 gas shocks and struts
Exhaust: 42DD 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust
ECU Flash: Eurodyne Maestro 7
Cold Air Intake: What do you guys recommend for a CAI? I don't like the one I currently have.
Control Arm Bushings: Poly bushings from ECS Tuning.
Dog bone Mount: Is there a certain brand that is better or just any poly mount?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Shocks and struts: koni or bilstein
Exhaust: 42DD 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust
ECU Flash: Eurodyne Maestro 7
Cold Air Intake: k&n or aem dry flow on the maf sensor.
Control Arm Bushings: Poly bushings from AutoZone(same thing ecs sells but at half the cost.)
Dog bone Mount: WRD dogbone bushings. Poly bushings are poly bushings. Search around to find the cheapest price. Not sure if AutoZone has them or not.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
cold air intake on a turbo car is pointless.. the "cold air" brought in from the intake is super heated as soon as it hits the turbo anyway.. and you run the risk of sucking water directly into the turbo (hydrolock).

just grab a cone filter.. slap it on the maf. done.
k&n or dry filter (aem)

as for everything else.
check out black forest industries / ecs tuning / bsa tuning for your poly bushings // dog bone mounts etc.

fubar hit the nail on the head

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I already have a few other the parts such as the shocks, struts and control arm bushings. I'll probably get the K&N filter and dog bone mount within the next couple days. As for the tune and exhaust I plan to order those when I get my tax refund in early February so I can have my car ready to go when the salt is off the roads around where I live.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I am also doing an SAI delete while I'm working on it. The pump went bad so I'm going to take all that off and get a block off plate and resistor from urotuning.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Stock air box(open and shave it smooth with a dremmel) with k&N drop in filter, turbo inlet pipe. < Will give you more hp than a CAI/cone filter on maf + TIP for cheaper.
Remove the black plastic waffle at the maf, keep the metal waffle.

4 bar fuel pressure regulator.

Everything else, what they said. Should be open to make pretty decent power.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will the 4 bar cause me to run rich if my ecu isn't tuned for it or is the tune designed for a 4 bar fpr?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts