VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been an ongoing issue for almost a year now and it's starting to get annoying not having it. But my windshield wiper fluid won't work at all. My windshield wipers work but not the fluid. It has plenty of fluid in it but I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Has anyone ran into this before?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check tomorrow and see what I can find out. If it is the motor is that a simple fix or is it difficult to get to?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've heard the motor is supposed to pull about 6A. If the current is excessive the motor pump impeller may be jammed or the motor may be seized.

If you are a gambler put 24v across the motor for maybe two seconds and see if everything starts working.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I replaced my washer motor a few months ago. Same thing, just didn't work. Ordered 410 dollar part from ECS and it took 2 minutes to replace. Just unplug and insert the new one.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually when I went outside to try it worked fine. It wasn't working but I'm guessing the guy that replaced my clutch tried and it didn't work so he did whatever needed fixing. I'm glad that was a typo I would do without my fluid for $400 haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually when I went outside to try it worked fine. It wasn't working but I'm guessing the guy that replaced my clutch tried and it didn't work so he did whatever needed fixing. I'm glad that was a typo I would do without my fluid for $400 haha
If it intermittently fails to work keep track of the time between failures. You'll need it later to tell to some degree of certainty if a fix worked.

BTW. . .

I had a problem locating the nozzles for the washer fluid in order to free them from ice.

I found out that when the hood is up they won't spray so my locating efforts were hampered.

It then occurred to me that I paid for a very complex car which is designed to thwart the shade tree mechanic, so some of the money I paid went into impeding my own repair/maintenance efforts.

Is this a great country, or what???

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
All you had to do was follow the lines from the washer res, hahaha.

replace that bitch! The motors are loud, you should hear it trying as soon as you hit the spray.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I can hear my motor very easily. Just nice to see through a clear windshield haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts