VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im so lost on how to wiring up the starter i look at the wiring digram and got lost even more so if any one could take some pics of the starter wired up would help alot or could tell me how to do it that would be great miss is about to pull the plug on so please help me out so i can have my car home not stuck out back of the shop with the poor 86 jetta that riped a part
miss is my auto techer

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
big red wire to the big terminal, little red wire (it's probably 10g) to the terminal on the back of the starter.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the big red wiring hooked up and the little black and red wire but there is 1 other spot for a wire on the starter then i have 2 green wires off the fan that i have no clue that go too and a green and orenge that clicks in to a nother conetor but i have no clue were it goes
so i dunno if the other wires mean anything since i riped out the ac maybe they went to that but i dint see it on the ac stuff i pulled off
i dont have the alt hooked up though

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
There will be a couple wires that wont go to anything. There's a couple test ports, and a plug that goes to the A/C compressor clutch.

Often there wont be anything hooked to the front terminal on the starter.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright i got the black and red one on the wrong place

i went to my cousin house were my a/c stuff is found out the 2 green wires and green and orenge go to the a/c so i dont need them hook up
ill try it monday hope it turn over and scare my teacher in her office since the exust isnt hooked up

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all wired up right my teacher checked it and it wont start so im ganna try puting in a new fuse and hope it does it if not im ganna see if the starter from the jetta out back is good

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got it to turn over and it wouldnt run so i took the plugs out and some tryed to start it before me and it was full to the top with gas so i have to change the oil and redo the timing again

after that it ganna run YIPPY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts