VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does this sound right 97 jetta 2.0 bottom end 1.8 8v port and polshed head 270 cam tt 2.25 exust chiped k&n would i have 150hp ??

would a 2.0 intake mainfold fit on the 1.8
if it does fit would the 2.0 t body work
would it be worth it to match the port and polish head with the intake the t body would it be a good hp gain
if you know of any other hp gains let me know other than trubo i dont got that much cash

·
Registered
349 Posts
you might get 150 at the crank but i dont think you would get that at the wheels.
a 2.0 intake manifold out of a 97 jetta wont fit on the 1.8 8valve. why dont you just do those mods to the 2.0 Xflow head? just a thought.
p.s. take a little more time and try to speak english. we might know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bluemk2:
you might get 150 at the crank but i dont think you would get that at the wheels.
a 2.0 intake manifold out of a 97 jetta wont fit on the 1.8 8valve. why dont you just do those mods to the 2.0 Xflow head? just a thought.
p.s. take a little more time and try to speak english. we might know what you're talking about.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
no the throttle body and intake won't fit but it is less work to use the existing head rather then swap in the xflow. i doubt it'd make 150 either but it'd def. give you more horses. and about the english, maybe i missed somthing but i understood fine and he's from the US.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
His English is fine. It's his punctuation that he needs to work on (and that I've had to answer this question for him 4 times now). But hey... that's what we're here for.

Expect 115-120 wheel hp, at best.

The 2L manifold wont fit. Port match the 1.8 intake, don't bother with the throttle body, it's not a restriction. In fact it, and it's respective hole in the manifold, flow enough air to support almost 400hp.

A lightened flywheel would help you some. Have the head decked, but not much or you'll end up with to much compression (maybe .020" or less).

Make sure to always run premium. Go get a 9A close ratio tranny... um... other than that there isn't a ton you can do without spending money.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i maybe picking up a 86 gti that has a new tranny and clutch put in and has really high miles body is decent i was just ganna pick it up for the int ( if it nice ) the tranny for 400 today so ill have more parts thank god for cheep vw in the want ad !!!!!!

i might end up selling the body and motor for 300 if i get it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts