VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang it; I hate road debris.

As I was driving my friend back from the airport in Phoenix, a piece of road debris flew up from the left and struck my car right over the right headlight, leaving a horrible dent about 2" long.
Looks like the light housing is even cracked, and the front bumper is even scratched a bit; dang was I ticked, but what can you expect when you're doing 70mph...

I will try to post some pics later this morning. Oh well; all the better reason to get an EMphase kit later this spring, maybe a boser hood...

Gonna get some sleep. Going on a road trip tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
I feel ya, within the first few months I have the GTI, I was driving on I81 to Carlisle when I was cutoff by this old fart he clip a log or deer hoof and it slammed into my lower grill and put a hole in my bumper. $600 damage. I feel you wrath!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Driving down 83 yesterday a 2x4 came off of the back of a truck. A big rig in front of me hit it and shattered it into a dozen 5" long pieces of wood. I was going about 85 with the 65 series snow tires on so my handling was crap. Luckily I avoided all the flying wood and make it out safe...some cars weren't as lucky...

·
Registered
676 Posts
WOW, I had something interesting like the swurve happen too!

I was going north in DE on route 13. I was passing this truck that was carrying large boxes, some with appliances in em. Well a combo of the high winds and a nice road bump made his load fly out putting two large boxes right in my lane. Luckily there was enough shoulder left for me to pull a Mario Andretti and the van that was tail gating me BLASTED through it (it was the one with some type of appliance inside)! It ended up being a nice couple car accident and with me running late for work already I didn't stick around to see what happened.

Praise the VW gods for beautiful handling from stock!!!!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a pic:

And that's a dirty dub!

Oh well; going to have to talk to the insurance company soon

Maybe an excuse for some body mods?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Time for a DTM Autohaus Carbon Boser for you
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm....I like your thinking Dakota...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts