·
4,054 Posts
Not my cup of tea.

Find a new OEM GLI headliner and save the blanket next time

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
reminds me of arizona native blankets.. haha

but.. you def did a good job though.. its straight and i dont see any wrinkles.. so if you like it.. thats all that matters.. and you def took your time doing it thats apparent.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
It does look tight. What did you use for glue? I wrapped mine in Oem black but not some of the edges pulled away. I used 3m super 90 something glue. Was told buy a upholstery shop to get glue used for countertops and put it in a cheap spray gun. I should have known that cause that's how I wrapped my hood in my scirocco back in the day. Lasted for over a year until I peeled it off.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just used some 3M "automotive" spray adhesive. Seems to have worked fine.
@ vwGLI, yeah my a and c pillars were peeling back, it's easy to take those ones off though so you could redo them.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I just used some 3M "automotive" spray adhesive. Seems to have worked fine.
@ vwGLI, yeah my a and c pillars were peeling back, it's easy to take those ones off though so you could redo them.
gotta get some 3m automotive spray adhesive!
i forgot what the pillars in the front were called where people sometimes mount gauges but those are peeling. any tips on how to take them off? i tried before and was having a hard time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are the A pillars. They can be a bit tricky. First make sure your battery is unplugged because we have airbags behind our pillars. Then you kinda have to pry back the top and you'll see a little silver clip, people call it the bitch clip, but you have to pull that clip straight up. You can use a flathead screwdriver or a little pick. From there its just regular clips that will pop the rest of the way off.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Those are the A pillars. They can be a bit tricky. First make sure your battery is unplugged because we have airbags behind our pillars. Then you kinda have to pry back the top and you'll see a little silver clip, people call it the bitch clip, but you have to pull that clip straight up. You can use a flathead screwdriver or a little pick. From there its just regular clips that will pop the rest of the way off.
ok thanks man.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts