VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i need to buy some new coils for sowo. and im kind of on a tight budget and saw the wrd ones were on sale. if anyone here is running them what do you think of them?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Run of the mill $500 coilover. Haven't heard any complaints.WRD has been around for a while so I don't think they would sell junk.

·
4,054 Posts
Like Fubar said, haven't really heard anything bad about them. Only thing I can think of is someone having knocking issues, but I think that was because of old bushings.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
from what ive read, theyre better than racelands, and fk streetlines tend to blow easily. seems like your best bet for cheap coils.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i intend on them being semi temporary. i want to ultimately get bilstein or kw, but im running blown to shit vmaxx's now and i need to get something new under the car for sowo/daily driver sake. i may just go all in on some bilstein but money will be really tight then, but cheaper in the long run, just wanted to see what people thought cause i havent heard much about them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There great dude(only set of coilovers I've owned though) bouncy at first but when they settle in really nice but they dnt go real low like racelands I believe. For Wuste might remove bumpstops to achieve a little more low.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i may just spend the extra money and get a set of st's. i need to change my control arm bushings and shit again anyway.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i put st's on my brothers mk6 a couple weeks ago and they ride great, they look like a well made product, the only issue i have with them is i wish they went a little bit lower just to give you better ride height adjustability without having to set them all the way down to get it barely flush all the way around.

·
4,054 Posts
ST's have always looked really promising to me. Sure they may not go as low as ultimo's but I'm more in it for function anyways. The more you spend, the better quality you get too. ST's are basically a step down from KW V1's if I remember correctly. After ST's I'd probably rate Koni's as the next best one. If they didn't cost over a grand I'd put money into them, but with my suspension refresh plans I'll be spending over a grand on parts anyways. We'll see how far I get though.

So in the end I'd say:

Low Budget: WRD's, FK's, JOM's, or Ultimo's
Mid " : ST's
High end: Koni's or KW's

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i also grabbed some of the half cap strut mounts or whatever the short ones are called for the front so i can hopefully have some better adjustability and not just set them all the way down and hope for the best

1 - 14 of 14 Posts