VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled over today because i wasnt wearing a seat belt and i didnt have my front plate on the car. The plate frame was the first thing that i took off the car. Look stupid. Anyway all i got was a written warning. Does anybody have any pics or differant plate frame ideas about mounting it to the front other than right in front on the bumper. Any websites that i could buy a bracket or something?? Any info would be great. I got a stock bumper.

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: A3VeeWee ]

·
Registered
175 Posts
by some suction cups and mount it on the inside of the windshield. other than that put it back on or create your own down lower than the bumber, seen that before and looks really good but i dont think anyone makes a mount. probably diy job!

·
Registered
241 Posts
i live in a very very small town and thats how my local cops are too, but anyways what i did is i got a front german license plate and put it on and i took my license plate and put it on my dash i get pulled over still because they want to hassle me but i know here in mass your just required to have the plate some where in visible sight on the car

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
look at my sig. no problems and looks pritty good i think.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i think that rich's plates look good. at first when we were putting it on i didn't think that it looked that great but when he pulled out of the garage it looked sweet. so IMO the euro plate where the licence plate should be and the licence plate under looks good.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by k2jetta98:
i think that rich's plates look good. at first when we were putting it on i didn't think that it looked that great but when he pulled out of the garage it looked sweet. so IMO the euro plate where the licence plate should be and the licence plate under looks good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. dubwinks setup looks nice. and If you dont like that, then, I would do the europlate on the front bumper, and the CT plate on the inside windshield.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
thanks guys. i hear you still get a ticket with it in the window, atleasy my freind did. i atatched mine with zip ties. one in each hole to the lower middle grill. works like a charm.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i go without... the county mounties and smokeys havent said shiznit yet. i've been hassled by a few security guards when i go into work though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts