VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i betrayed vw by buying a wrx (not the sti) but i still work for vw, just not at cooks. what does everyone think of this? its an awesome machine, and my jetta just kept falling apart
by the way, jessie (mk3grl) bought a corolla-s, that was definatley not a step up.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I happen to like the WRX, I like the old body style RS better, but thats another post. My friend has a WRX with some goodies, and it's a great handling/quick car, no two ways about it.

...and in defense of mk3grl, I think the Corolla S is a pretty tight econobox.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I like the WRX, I almost bought one insted of the 20th. Now, the STI man, that's a great car. I drive up to my brother's all the time to take his for a spin. Hey, as long as you like it, that's what counts. The cr you get should be fun for you, not based upon what anyone else thinks.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
I almost bought a REX for my wife when they new ones came out in 01 but we got the Jetta 1.8T instead. I like the WRX, my brother had a WRX now he has a 2.5 RS really nice calls...I envy his AWD everyday!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh hey, what up db, i was chillin with u guys down at h2o with jessie. hows the mini gti?

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cookvwphil:
oh hey, what up db, i was chillin with u guys down at h2o with jessie. hows the mini gti?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mini GTI is good, laid to rest for winter...upgrading the motor this winter as well.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If I ever get the promotion I want, I've got an STi in my gunsights. Mind you I wanna keep my Dub as well. Having a different daily driver would give me some time to do some stuff to the Dub!

Mini GTI, gotta luv 'em. Mine had a gear slippage issue, got that repaired but haven't ran it.

Someday we'll get to run 'em side by side DB?

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
wrx isnt a wrx unless you get a STI
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what a GTI isn't a GTI if it's not a R32?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i love the wrx and the sti but i think i would take an evo over both of them anyday, even though the sti is slightly faster.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
i have nothing but love for the scooby...amazing car...whats not to like about a wrx? plenty of power going to all the wheels...and i love the look of em too...yep, they are amazing...dubs are still my first love though

--dave--

·
Registered
893 Posts
btw phil... i happen to like my new rolla.... the sti isnt all that wonderful... i mean yeah its slightly faster and all... but i couldnt drive anything that didnt have a radio.... why does subaru do that? this is america and we like music.....!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no radio cause of the weight issue, just like the rear glass thats extra thin. Besides you know im a toyota hater
believe me, toyota currently does not produce a vehicle that can even come close to an sti

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
No scuabadoos for me - but that's my preference. To each his own. The sti is daim fast but I still wouldn't really want to own one - just beat the shite out of one for a month or 2. The EVO is cool too - one passed me on the highway a while back and he let off the gas as he went by and the BOV let out a nice loud hissssss. Sounded damn cool - I hope he wasn't trying to race me or anything b/c
1. it's not much of a competition
2. I wasn't doing anything to make him think I was looking for a race.

I know this is a little off topic but does anyone else get a little bit tired of everyone trying to race them all the time? I know people want to race me all the time despite the fact that my car is obviously stock. Let's be serious here - a stock jetta is a grocery getter (despite the fact that it can be turned into a sweet sweet machine). I love my car but I realize it's not a race car so I'm not sure why anyone else should think that it is either....

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I like subarus in general. and the sti and wrx are very nice as well. if I were to get another make of car, it would probably be a subaru.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i love wrxs. i was thinkin about buying one and still may be seeing one in my future. saw some nice ones at the 2f2f gtg from daves brothers crew.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm not too up to date on my wrx's. Which model comes with the crazy wing and the hood scoop? I've seen a few of them around. I didn't realize they came all hooked up like that. Please do explain.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sweetassjetta97:
I'm not too up to date on my wrx's. Which model comes with the crazy wing and the hood scoop? I've seen a few of them around. I didn't realize they came all hooked up like that. Please do explain.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not a problem, the one you're seeing around is called the wrx sti, which is basically a street legal rally car, i comes with bbs wheels, brembo brakes, inverted supension, 6 speed tranny, big ol' wing,lightweight and really fast.....but it's no corrola-s

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sweetassjetta97:
I'm not too up to date on my wrx's. Which model comes with the crazy wing and the hood scoop? I've seen a few of them around. I didn't realize they came all hooked up like that. Please do explain.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
All new WRX's have the hood scoop, they all have above the enigine intercoolers, very efficient use of a scoop. As far as the big ol wings, they're stock on the STI's-they actually do something for the handling. No radios is to get around the gas guzzler tax for the power to weight ratio. As far as the AWD system, it is state-of-the-art, you have a little dial on the console to adjust the power distribution, so you can put most of your power to the rear wheels.
Even the seats utilize racing technology, the fabric makes your clothing stick to them, so you don't slide off while doing 4 wheel drifts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts