VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to hanks junkyard up in yocumtown and i sat down in a freaking awesome jetta..someone was doing something to it cuz it had a sunroof motor and they moved the dome light to the middle of the headliner and a ton of other things were done but i looked at the cluster and below the turn signal light there was a yellow one with some weird symbol under it and the speedo had orange hasha marks at all the speeds that was use most and the weird part about the cluster being euro was that it had MPH instead of Kilometers! does anyone know what that yellow light is for? my cluster pretty much just went out so im going to be in the market for a new one and im thinking about that one but i dunno..i think im going to get a new one at vw i heard they are somewhat cheap and then jsut have 0 miles on my car ahahahaha..

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
mine just had the normal lights in it. were they guge overlays or stock gauges. I would pick up a cluster used somewhere with decent miles on it. i've seen tons of them for less then 20 bucks. at volksfest theres usually a guy who brings tons of them. they're pretty cheap too. If you can get a pic of the cluster that'd be cool.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TailpipeSmokeshow:
was it a diesel...my glow plug indicator light is yellow/orange.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't even think of that.

·
Registered
499 Posts
if it is a diesel then it will be for the glow plugs. i think they have a springy looking thing above. but the tach will have diesel written in the middle of it and it will redline at 4500 rpm.

EDIT

I just took old smokey out for a run, the light directly under the blinker indicator is for the glow plugs. underneath that yellow light is a picture of a coil. and sorry, it redlines at a massive 4800 RPM.

[ October 16, 2003: Message edited by: TailpipeSmokeshow ]

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was def a gas engine then and it wasnt on the top row of lights it was alone on the second row left side.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Yellow is usually the glow plugs, bottom left is usually the 02 light... who knows.

Cars in the UK should have speedos in MPH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts