VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thats right I live in montana...

First off thanks for stopping by. I bought my 337 about two years ago, bone stock and unfortunately had body damage on the driver's side. The side skirt was broke out and the panels had some damage down the side like a gouge.... kind of hard to describe.

Any ways it wasn't until after getting it fixed did i start taking pictures and doing mods.....

So here we go.

January 2013-

This picture was taken with my winter wheels/studded tires on. I had a diy posted on how I repaired and painted my BBS RCs. Mind you they weren't finished at the time. http://www.vwforum.com/forums/f73/my-bbs-rc-refinish-off-my-337-a-56573/
At that point in time I had already installed my stubby antenna, smoked side markers and LED tail lights.

Summer 2013-

As you can see I went and installed a digital boost gauge at this point

Sprayed plasti dip on my grill and installed projector housings with leds and 6k HIDs.

Tinted my tail lights

Installed ceramic pads and drilled rotors

Put on a 007 DV and a ecs n75 valve also swiss cheesed my air box

Put a 42DD stealth catch can on, didnt really like the location of my install or bracket and was just temporary. I ended up relocating recently.

Took out the stock double DIN and installed a bluetooth single din Alpine

Winter 2014-

This winter really took a toll on my car, had the water pump impeller snap right at 94998 miles lol.

So i took the liberty to install a 42DD 3" TB kit

Replaced all my emblems and installed wheel spacers

Some other things I did this winter without pictures up yet are, a Forge TIP, Forge silicone coolant lines, new thermostat, gates kevlar timing belt, new water pump/impeller and also installed ecs light weight pulleys!

So there she is in a nutshell thus far, any suggestions??:cool: I am thinking about putting on a r32 authentic front bumper, since my current one is somewhat damaged and the owner before me screwed into it for the license plates.. :confused:

·
4,054 Posts
If I were you I would stay as close to an authentic 337 as possible. There weren't many produced and you don't find them around every day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the input

front fenders and bumper needs to be replaced, i may restore the front not sure yet

Time will tell. Too bad there isnt a unitronic dealer in my area, i need a chip

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
unitronic (for those who want it tuned and left alone) and eurodyne (especially for those who want to toy around with the tune) are both great tunes.

i agree with miller. oem+ is a solid way to go with the 337s. Theyre rare.

Im suprised that forge sticker didnt melt into you intake manifold yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm headed off to an army school in April, i will just send off my ecu then to unitronic. It's impossible to find 93 octane in my area does anyone know if their stage 2 works on 91??
As for the forge sticker it's a foil adhesive sticker. No melting here :) been there for almost 2 years

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not sure this is the direction I would have gone with the car. But to each his own, the forum needs more build threads so I can respect that. Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts