VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone: It's been about a week since my new purchase of a 2003 GLI. I bought some car care products & ran across Zymol brand. Purchased the concentrate auto wash (16 oz. bottle $5.99) & the Zymol 16 oz. cleaner wax (original formula) for $12.99 @ the AutoZone.

I must admit this Zymol stuff is really, really very good stuff @ a decent price! It say's that they only use natural ingredients (smells like coconuts). I just love the way the wax applies & comes off. Never heard of this brand before but it's worth every damn nickel! Great shine aswell. Anyone use Zymol products & if so what's you're thoughts?

Regards,

Alex

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
yea, it's good stuff. i've used some of there stuff before. I've used there car wash stuff and cleaned it pretty good.
jon

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like the Zymol wax, but I have found it comes off quickly. Been trying some stuff from: www.autosportcatalog.com

Their wax seems to go on well and lasts a little longer then the Zymol. Zymol seems to be more of a wax for a car you drive once in a while and keep the cover on it. But I like them both

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Emily ]

·
Registered
423 Posts
Zymol is ok. It was MUCH better before Turtle Wax bought them out. Before that, the stuff was actully made in Germany.

The "Real" Zymol is really really hard to find. Its also expensive. 16 ounces is like 75.00 US now, because Its straight from Germany.

I don't use anything from a store anymore. I just use the stuff I sell. "Ardex" Made just for professionals. My boss is taking me and the other guy I work with to PA in Sept sometime, to tour the factory where the stuff is made.

As you can see from some of my earlier posts

Clean car post

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: AlwaysVeeDubbin ]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try the Detailing mist, in between waxing. No more water spots. But it is a little expensive, 6.00 a bottle. If your looking for a top of the line wax, look up Collinite waxes online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I ordered 2 bottles of Collinite auto wax SKU# SS-126 from www.dccarcare.com It was $11.98 for a 16 oz. bottle plus $7.98 S/H. A little high for the S/H but, I'll go with you're insight.

If the Zymol wax (Turle Wax version) doesn't last that long, then I'm not interested. I wax my car 2 times a year (Spring & Fall) so I hope the Collinite will be a winner & last.

Thanks again for you're sugguestion.

Alex

·
Registered
423 Posts
Collinite is great, Me personally would have bought the "Marque D Elegance"

A little more money but it's little better then the Sapphire.

Collinite Fleet Wax is also great to.

DON'T let the collinite dry before you wipe it off. Do a section at a time. Wipe on and then before it drys to much wipe off. If it dries too much you will be useing a lot of elbow grease.

You should also use MicroFiber towels to take the wax off. Softest towel available, so you don't scratch the finish.

Also, Don't forget if your car is a few years old and the paint is sorta dull, The wax alone won't bring to much of the shine out. You will have to polish the car first to bring the shine out and then wax it. Wax really only protects the finish. Polish produces the great shine.

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: AlwaysVeeDubbin ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts